In Making a Decision…
The District considers these factors:
- The effects on soil erosion and sedimentation, considering the methods available to complete the project and the nature and economics of the various alternatives.
- The effects of stream alteration.
- The effects on stream flow, turbidity, and water quality caused by materials used or by removal of ground cover
- The effects on fish and aquatic habitat.
- Whether there are modifications or alternative solutions that are reasonably practical that would reduce the disturbance to the stream and its environment and better accomplish the purpose of the project.
- Whether the proposed project will create harmful flooding or erosion problems upstream or downstream.